[R] 'closure' (was "stats:: spline's method could not be monoH.FC")

Abby Spurdle @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu May 7 07:32:22 CEST 2020

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 4:50 PM Mark Leeds <markleeds2 using gmail.com> wrote:
> Richard: I may have implied that one should "mess with environments" by saying that I agree with Abby. If so, my apologies because that's not what I meant.
> I only meant understanding.

Hi Mark,
I don't think you need to apologize.

According the the Cambridge English Dictionary, "Mess Around" means:

    to spend time doing various things
    that are not important,
    without any particular purpose or plan.

Substituting that into the original statement we get:

    If you want to spend time doing various things
    with the environment of a function,
    that are not important,
    without any particular purpose or plan,
    then you need to understand this stuff, but you probably
    shouldn't do that.

It's not my fault or yours, if the previous poster choose ambiguous
language with condescending tone.

I note that the purpose of this thread was to create clarity
surrounding closures and related topics.