[R] stats:: spline's method could not be monoH.FC

Abby Spurdle @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 12 04:53:27 CEST 2020

Hi Martin,
(In regards to your last ***two*** posts).

(Excerpt, post one)
> Well, as I know spent enough time reading and thinking, I'd
> really like to add   method = "clamped" to splinefun() and also
> the other one where fix the 2nd derivatives (to arbitrary values
> instead of zero).

(Excerpt, post two)
> So as a matter of fact I would ask for patches there (both in C
> and in R calling C ... maybe too much for 30 minutes ;-)

I'm happy to have a look a the spline code.
However, there's likely to be a substantial delay.

First, I need to:
(1) Change operating systems. Hopefully soon...
(2) Learn to build and debug R packages with non-trivial C code.
(3) Update my kubik package.
Will be looking at second derivatives, but more importantly rewriting
the root finding algorithm.
(4) Familiarize myself with spline theory (other than bezier/hermite).

My guess is I will get there in about eight to ten months, from now.
If you need it done sooner, and want someone else to do it, that's fine...

Also, it may be a good idea for you to work out what you would like
the top-level function signatures to look like...