[R] Package installation problem

Eric Berger er|cjberger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri May 29 07:47:35 CEST 2020

Hi John,
This is a bit off-topic for this mailing list as your issue is a
linux, specifically Fedora, issue, and not R.
I don't use Fedora but I did a quick Google search on

 fedora missing package .pc file

and that came back with a lot of hits. This one in particular should
be a good place to start.
It gives some explanation as to when installation will result in a .pc
file (seems to relate to -dev versions).

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33050517/supply-pc-file-for-pkg-config

HTH,
Eric