[R] colMeans function

Wed Nov 4 18:19:48 CET 2020

Hello,

No, flights[2] is *not* equal to flights$months. The former is a
data.frame with only one column, therefore it has a dimension attribute.
The latter is a column, a vector of the data.frame flights, it does not
have the attribute dim set.

The difference is very important, see what class(), str() or dim()
return when applied to both.

See also this StackOverflow post:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1169456/the-difference-between-bracket-and-double-bracket-for-accessing-the-el

Hope this helps,