[R] Packegs for mathematics

Boris Steipe bor|@@@te|pe @end|ng |rom utoronto@c@
Tue Nov 17 11:52:41 CET 2020

You really don't need to worry about all those packages in the beginning. Base R has all of the functionality you need to get you started. Then, when you actually need additional functions, you can search for this functionality on the Web, on CRAN, by asking on this helpful list, or on your favourite community forum. Actually downloading and installing packages is very quick, there's no benefit to pre-loading things you don't actually need.

Bottom line: don't view this from the perspective of resources, see it from the perspective of what you want to do.

Cheers,
Boris