[R] counting duplicate items that occur in multiple groups

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Nov 18 11:22:08 CET 2020

Oops, I sent this to Tom earlier today and forgot to copy to the list:

VendorID=rep(paste0("V",1:10),each=5)
AcctID=paste0("A",sample(1:5,50,TRUE))
Data<-data.frame(VendorID,AcctID)
table(Data)
# get multiple vendors for each account
dupAcctID<-colSums(table(Data)>0)
Data$dupAcct<-NA
# fill in the new column
for(i in 1:length(dupAcctID))
 Data$dupAcct[Data$AcctID == names(dupAcctID[i])]<-dupAcctID[i]

Jim