[R] repeted measures MANOVA - MANOVA.RM package

aliciablasit @||c|@b|@@|t @end|ng |rom protonm@||@com
Sat Nov 21 10:06:39 CET 2020

Dear R-help listers,

I tried to use functions from MANOVA.RM package but without success. In my case, I have several independent and dependent variables. Each subject corresponds to a single combination of IV (because they are not real subjects, but numerical models). For each of them, I have several repeated measures, represented by a “time” column. I want to explain my DV with my IV (so MANOVA seems appropriate) and consider the effect of several observations at different time (so repeated measures).

Here an example of my dataset:

Subject

Time

IV1

IV2

DV1

DV2

s1

1

1

1

14.1

s1

2

1

1

14.2

…

S2

1

1

2

13.4

S2

2

1

2

…

…

S3

…

I would like to apply a repeated measures MANOVA: multRM(cbind(DV1,DV2) ~ IV1*IV2*time, data = data, subject = “subject”, within = “time”).

However, due to my dataset nature, I always have only 1 observation for every factor-level combination. Hence, I am wondering if repeated measures MANOVA is theoretically applicable to my dataset or if another test is recommended instead. How should I deal with it?

Thanks in advance,

abt

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]