[R] RGB -> CYMK, with consistent colors

PIKAL Petr petr@p|k@| @end|ng |rom prechez@@cz
Mon Nov 30 08:26:56 CET 2020

Hi.

CMYK and RGB are physically different concepts of colour mixing
(subtractive/additive) and the only way how to achieve good results is to
calibrate the monitor and the printer (which is hardly achievable in home
conditions). Usually DTP professionals are equipped for such kind of work.
Even then, the results could be slightly different as the whole colour space
is not achievable by only several (4 at least) pigments. And also colour is
not simple thing but basically a process involving light, target and person
who perceives it.

If you insist on achieving good printed results, the best way is to print it
and adjust colour(s) to be pleasing. However you cannot control others so if
anybody prints your book he hardly get the same result as you.

Cheers
Petr