[R] Printing upon calling a function

Steven Yen @tyen @end|ng |rom ntu@edu@tw
Mon Nov 30 09:14:35 CET 2020

I hope I can get away without presenting a replicable set of codes
because doing so would impose burdens.

I call a function which return a data frame, with the final line

return(out)

In one case the data frame gets printed (similar to a regression
printout), with simply a call

me.probit(obj)

In another case with a similar function, I could not get the results
printed and the only way to print is to do the following:

v<-me.oprobit(obj); v

This is a puzzle, and I hope to find some clues. Thanks to all.

My function looks like the following:

me.oprobit0 <- function(obj,mean=FALSE,vb.method,jindex=NA,
resampling=FALSE,ndraws=100,mc.method=1,times100=TRUE,
                         Stata.mu=FALSE,testing=FALSE,digits=3){
return(out) # out is a data frame
}