[R] Installing a Package

Sun Oct 11 11:27:33 CEST 2020

Hello,

What OS are you running? If it's Windows you will need Rtools [1] to
install a source package. Otherwise the following usually works.

1. Download the tar.gz package file (say, package_version.tar.gz) to
your disk.
2. Go to the directory where this file is.

3.a. From within RStudio run

install.packages(path_to_tar_gz_file, repos = NULL, type = "source")

3.b. From the command line run

R CMD INSTALL package_version.tar.gz

[1] https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/

Hope this helps,