[R] 3d plot of earth with cut

aBBy Spurdle, ⍺XY @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 22 23:53:52 CEST 2020

If you have "value" as a function of latitude and radius, isn't that a
2D (not 3D) scalar field?
Which can be plotted using a regular heatmap.

If you want a curved edge where depth=0 (radius=?), that's not too
difficult to achieve.
Not quite sure what continent boundaries mean in this context, but
that could possibly be added to.

Or do you want a 2D slice superimposed within a 3D space?

And if so, does it need to be dynamic?
(i.e. Rotate the whole thing, with a trackball/mouse).

Note that the further you go down the list above, the more work is required.