[R] vanilla session in R Gui or RStudio

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Fri Oct 23 04:33:05 CEST 2020

On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 18:13:11 -0700
Henrik Bengtsson <henrik.bengtsson using gmail.com> wrote:

> As Jeff says, it might be that you have a ~/.Rprofile file with
> instructions to load packages when R starts.  It could also be that
> you have a .RData file, which is saved if you answer yes to:
>
> > Save workspace image? [y/n/c]: y
>
> when you quit R.   If this file exists, then R loads it and all the
> objects you had when you saved it. If there are objects associated
> with packages, then that will cause those packages to be loaded when R
> starts.

<SNIP>

I don't believe that the forgoing is *exactly* correct.  Perhaps it
depends on what is meant by "objects associated with packages".
I have vague recollections that funny things can happen if objects
in the saved .RData file have complicated environments, but I can't
remember details.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--