[R] securing R code....

Eric Berger er|cjberger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Oct 26 18:12:08 CET 2020

Do you make regular backups? If not, this should push you into such a
routine.
One approach is to use an external drive. External drives are not expensive
and can typically have plenty of room to hold all your code and data.
Just before having your computer serviced, copy your code and data onto the
external drive. Erase your sensitive data from your computer and get it
serviced.

By the way, you can make the backup effort easier by organizing all your
code and data into a directory tree, so that you just do a recursive copy
of the root folder onto the backup system and you are done. (i.e. a simple
command. Depending on the amount of data to be copied this may take some
time to complete.)

HTH,
Eric