[R] R for mac

Dr Eberhard Lisse no@p@m @end|ng |rom ||@@e@NA
Mon Sep 28 13:21:45 CEST 2020

Michael,

I would propose the easiest way (and appropriate in a student setting is
via Homebrew (https://brew.sh/)

	 /bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install.sh)"

	 brew install R
	 brew cask install Rstudio

and thereafter once in a while

	 brew upgrade
	 brew upgrade --cask
	 brew cleanup -s

and from within Rstudio

	 Tools -> Check for Package Updates...
	 Select All

el

On 25/09/2020 06:55, Michael Johnston wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am club mentor for a group of high school students learning R. The Vice
> President of Information Technology is hoping to broaden and deepen her
> skill set so she can help others. She is doing well in helping students
> install R on the Windows operating system. However, a few have problems
> installing R on mac and one student is struggling to install R on
> Chromebook. Is there someone who would be willing to provide some pointers?
>
> Thank you for considering this request,
> Michael
[...]

--
If you want to email me, replace nospam with el