[R] help finding a starting point to diagnose inability to install or update packages

Sun Apr 25 18:47:21 CEST 2021

These are all contributed packages... don't file a bug report on R. Also, tidyverse is a rediculously sprawling meta-package that seems prone to faulty dependency data.

If you have a oroblem getting the right version of broom then focus on solving that. One possibility is that your CRAN mirror is not up-to-date.. try a different one or wait a few days for the updates to prooagate. Sometimes all it takes is to update or re-install the offending package. If you want to push the envelope you can use devtools::install_github or similar to bypass CRAN, but it is possible that that version had a problem identified in the CRAN review that you might have trouble with.

Whst is your options("repos") set to?