[R] help finding a starting point to diagnose inability to install or update packages

Larry Johnson |@rry@john@on @end|ng |rom cobbcountycour|er@com
Sun Apr 25 23:50:46 CEST 2021

It was pointed out to me by Jeff Newmiller that I should have been hitting "reply all" so that others could see the thread and make comment, corrections, or benefit from any solution.

So, I'm going to summarize the end result.

Duncan Murdoch walked me through some diagnostic steps, and what ultimately worked was to run

remove.packages("broom")
install.packages("broom")

and then repeat that for each of the four packages that attempts to load tidyverse indicated had dependency issues (I know that last sentence was ungrammatical, but you probably get my drift).

I'd still like to know why updating packages in bulk isn't working for me, but I can move ahead for now, and I'll figure out how to fix that later.

So thanks Duncan.

​Larry Johnson

Editor and Publisher

Cobb County Courier