[R] Markov modeling using msm

H @gent@ @end|ng |rom medd@t@|nc@com
Sun Aug 8 03:21:31 CEST 2021

I would like to use R and msm to replicate the results from a published study where the authors used Tree Age Pro 2011 for their Markov modeling. I am new to Markov modeling and while I have tried to read up, my understanding is still quite limited...

The papers contains the the state transition probabilities but it seems to me that msm requires transition intensities rather than transition probabilities. Is this correct?

If so, the msm documentation suggests that msm can output transition probabilities but is there any way I can do the reverse, ie input transition probabilities into my msm model?

Appreciate any pointers.