[R] Sample size Determination to Compare Three Independent Proportions

AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa @boue|m@k@r|m1962 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Aug 10 12:34:06 CEST 2021

Hi Marc:

First, thank you very much for your help in this matter.

Will perform an initial omnibus test of all three groups (e.g. 3 x 2
chi-square), possibly followed by
all possible 2 x 2 pairwise comparisons (e.g. 1 versus 2, 1 versus 3,
2 versus 3),

We can assume *either* the desired sample size in each group is the same
*or* proportional to the population size.

 We can set p=0.25 and set p1=p2=p3=p so that the H0 is true.

We can assume that the expected proportion of "Yes" values in each group is
0.25

For the alternative hypotheses, for example,  we can set  p1 = .25, p2=.25,
p3=.35

Again thank you very much in advance.

abou

*AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa, PhD*

*Professor, Statistics and Data Science*
*Graduate Coordinator*

*Department of Mathematics and Statistics*
*University of Southern Maine*

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]