[R] data manipulation question

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Aug 24 02:19:34 CEST 2021

Hi Kai,
How about setting:

germlinepatients$DisclosureStatus <- NA

then having your three conditional statements as indices:

germlinepatients$DisclosureStatus[germlinepatients$gl_resultsdisclosed
== 1] <-"DISCLOSED"
germlinepatients$DisclosureStatus[germlinepatients$
gl_resultsdisclosed == 0] <- "ATTEMPTED"
 germlinepatients$DisclosureStatus[is.na(germlinepatients$gl_resultsdisclosed) &
 germlinepatients$gl_discloseattempt1 != "ATTEMPTED"] <-"ATTEMPTED"

I know it's not elegant and you could join the last two statements
with OR (|) but it may work.

Jim