[R] A glitch (???) in tools::texi2pf.

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Sat Aug 28 03:19:01 CEST 2021

I have found that tools::texi2pf() ignores changes to the *.bib file
unless the *.bbl file is removed prior to re-running tools::texi2pdf().
I have constructed a minimal reproducible example which is contained
in the attached file "mreprex.txt".

This *.txt file should be split into two files, mreprex.tex and
mreprex.bib.  (I wasn't sure whether *.tex and *.bib files would make
it through to the list.)

After doing the splitting, start R, execute

tools::texi2pf("mreprex.tex")

and view the resulting mreprex.pdf file.  Then edit mreprex.bib
and change (e.g.) the version number from "0.0-21" to "0.0-22".

Re-run tools::texi2pf("mreprex.tex") and view mreprex.pdf.  You will
see that it hasn't changed; the version number cited is still given as
0.0-21.  Now remove mreprex.bbl, re-run tools::texi2pf("mreprex.tex")
and view mreprex.pdf.  You will see that the version number is given as
0.0-22 as it should be.

Should this be considered a bug?  If so, what is the appropriate way of
drawing this to the attention of those who have the power to fix it?

Thanks.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--