[R] coercion to an object...

akshay kulkarni @k@h@y_e4 @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Sun Aug 29 13:52:27 CEST 2021

dear Enrico,
                       it works. Thanks a lot. I spent over an hour looking for this function in the web, but was bootless. Do you have any way to get functions where you are given what it has to do? The most common case is that you are given a list of functions, but they number to over 100000. Any idea to find them without resorting to help from another R expert?

yours sincerely
AKSHAY M KULKARNI

________________________________
From: Enrico Schumann <es using enricoschumann.net>
Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2021 4:57 PM
To: akshay kulkarni <akshay_e4 using hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [R] coercion to an object...

On Sun, 29 Aug 2021, akshay kulkarni writes:

> Dear members,
>                              I think the following question is rudimentary, but I couldn't find an answer in the Internet.
>
> Suppose there is an object A, and ls() lists it as "A". How do you convert this character object to the object A. i.e I want a function f such that class(f("A")) = class(A) (of course, class("A") = "character") . f should just coerce the character to the object represented by it.

Perhaps ?get is what you're looking for:

  A <- 42
  get("A")
  ## [1] 42

--
Enrico Schumann
Lucerne, Switzerland

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>  Virus-free. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]