[R] readxl/lifecycle/rlang

Thu Dec 2 09:05:39 CET 2021

On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 16:38:37 -0500
Dennis Weygand <dpweygand using gmail.com> wrote:

> Installing package into
> ‘C:/Users/dennisweygand/Documents/R/win-library/3.5’ (as ‘lib’ is
> unspecified)

It could be time to install a newer version of R. CRAN doesn't provide
binary builds of packages for R 3.5...

>           binary source needs_compilation
> rlang      0.4.5 0.4.12              TRUE
> lifecycle  0.2.0  1.0.1             FALSE

...so the latest version of rlang you can currently install is 0.4.5,
but lifecycle wants rlang (≥ 0.4.10). You can either follow the link
https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/Rtools/ and install Rtools to
compile rlang 0.4.12 from source, or install a later version of R (≥
4.0) that CRAN provides Windows binaries for.

You could also try the XLConnect package (it works fine for me on
older installations of R), but it depends on Java.

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

P.S. Please compose your messages in plain text to make sure that we
see them exactly as you write them.

--
Best regards,
Ivan