[R] Question about Rfast colMins and colMaxs

Richard O'Keefe r@oknz @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Dec 3 05:06:45 CET 2021

What puzzles me is why you are not just using
lapply(some.data.frame, min)
lapply(some.data.frame, max)
or as.vector(lapply(...))
Why go to another package for this?
Is it the indices you want?

col.min.indices <- function (some.data.frame) {
    v <- sapply(some.data.frame, function (column)
           which(column == min(column))[1])
    names(v) <- colnames(some.data.frame)
}