[R] Find tibble row with maximum recorded value

Sat Dec 4 08:33:46 CET 2021

Hello,

You're right, I carelessly coded this.

which.max returns the index to the first maximum of a vector, while the
comparison of a vector with its max() returns an index to all vector
elements.

Às 23:27 de 03/12/21, Bert Gunter escreveu:
> Perhaps you meant to point this out, but the cfs[which.max(cfs)] and
> cfs == ... are not the same:
>
>> x <- rep(1:2,3)
> [1] 1 2 1 2 1 2
>> x[which.max(x)]
> [1] 2
>> x[x==max(x)]
> [1] 2 2 2
>
> So maybe your point is: which does the OP want (in case there are
> repeated maxes)? I suspect the == forms, but ...?
>
> Bert Gunter
>
> On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 2:56 PM Rui Barradas <ruipbarradas using sapo.pt> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Inline.
>>
>> Às 22:08 de 03/12/21, Rich Shepard escreveu:

>>> Thanks, Bert. ?which.max confirmed that's all I need to find the maximum
>>> value.
>>>
>>> Now I need to read more than ?filter to learn why I'm not getting the
>>> relevant row with:
>>> [1] 8054
>>
>> This is the *index* for which cfs is the first maximum, not the maximum
>> value itself.

>> Therefore, you probably want any of

Should be "one of", not "any of"

Rui Barradas