[R] Puzzled about loading the Rattle interface package...

Brian Lunergan ||809 @end|ng |rom nc|@c@
Tue Dec 7 23:43:59 CET 2021

On 2021-12-07 6:44 a.m., Ivan Krylov wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 19:33:25 -0500
> Brian Lunergan <ff809 using ncf.ca> wrote:
>
>> Running R 4.1.2 on Linux Mint 19.3.
>
>> configure: error: GTK version 2.8.0 required
>
> Thanks for mentioning your GNU/Linux distro! You need the libgtk2.0-dev
> APT package installed in order to build the RGtk2 R package from
> source. Alternatively, if you use the distro-built R (installed via
> APT), you can install the r-cran-rgtk2 APT package and avoid building
> the RGtk2 package from sour
Thanks for the note. First step was:

sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev

Requested pkg plus a couple of suggestions installed just fine. Then
fired up R and hit it with:

install.packages("RGtk2")

Request worked just fine. Final moves:

library(rattle)
rattle()

And up pops the interface. I now have 3 well functioning choices for a
GUI for R.

Thanks again for the assist.
--
Brian Lunergan