[R] Forwarding missing arguments to the `[` method

Thu Dec 9 15:47:02 CET 2021

I have always learnt a lot about programming when reading other
people's code .. notably if those people new what they are
doing.

In this case, studying R-core's

`[.data.frame`  and

`[<-.data.frame`

{or for S4 methods, the 'Matrix' or 'Rmpfr' packages}

should show you a lot.

What you should take from there:
Do work with *both*
    missing(drop)
and
    nargs()

(and more)
in order to distinguish m[i] from m[i,] etc

Best,
Martin