[R] checkpointing

Andy Jacobson @ndy @end|ng |rom yovo@org
Mon Dec 13 20:07:20 CET 2021

Those are good points, Duncan. I am experimenting with a nice checkpointing tool called DMTCP. It operates on the system level but is quite OS-dependent. It can be found at http://dmtcp.sourceforge.net/index.html.

Still, it would be nice to be able to checkpoint calls within R to potentially long-running processes like optim().

-Andy

--
Andy Jacobson
andy using yovo.org