[R] Changing time intervals in data set

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Thu Dec 16 00:42:42 CET 2021

On Thu, 16 Dec 2021, Jim Lemon wrote:

> From what you sent, it seems like you want to find where the change in
> _measurement interval_ occurred. That looks to me as though it is the
> first datetime in each row. In the first row, there is a week gap between
> the ten and fifteen minute intervals. This may indicate that no
> measurements were taken or perhaps they were lost.

Jim,

Yes, there are times when the equipment fails, but not all changes in
measurement intervals have a time gap other than a few minutes.

Normally I work with much smaller data sets so if there are interval changes
they've not appeared in the data I've used.

I will learn from the USGS why there are so many measurement interval
changes.

Because these data are so different from what I've seen in the past I want
to explore whether (or how) they affect discharge variability calculations.

Regards,

Rich