[R] matching type question, please

Fri Dec 17 18:00:31 CET 2021

Hello,

Inline.

Às 23:29 de 16/12/21, Bert Gunter escreveu:
> Not sure what you mean by this:
>
> "But this only works if the vectors xr* are longer than xs*."
>
> The solution I gave doesn't care about this.
>> a <- rbind(unique(z2),unique(z1))
>> a[duplicated(a),]
>       xs1 xs2
> ## as before
> Presumably you are referring to your use of match() (which is how %in%
> is defined).

Yes, that's what I meant. It's probably more time and memory efficient
to have cbind create a matrix of length(xr1) rows and extract the wanted
ones with a logical index also of that length. The use of match() will
avoid creating (maybe) longer data sets but it will raise the problem I
mentioned.

Rui Barradas