[R] uint8

Luca Passalacqua |uc@@p@@@@|@cqu@ @end|ng |rom un|rom@1@|t
Thu Feb 4 20:39:51 CET 2021

Dear R users,

 I am trying to join two 8 bit integers, as defined by the
"coolbutuseless/uint8" package,
without success:

> library(uint8)

> x1 = uint8(3)> x1[1] = as.uint8(1)
> x1[2] = as.uint8(2)> x2 = uint8(3)> x2[1] = as.uint8(2)> x1[1] 1 2 0> x2[1] 2 0 0> xx = c(x1,x2)> xx[1] 01 02 00 02 00 00

In the real application the first array (x1) is extremely large (order
15-20 Gbytes)
while the second is relatively small, so that I cannot afford, given my RAM,
to define a third array, as

> x3 = uint8(length(x1)+length(x2))

and then fill its components, but I need to join the two arrays.

Is anyone aware of the right procedure in R or so kind to give suggestions ?
(A possibility would be to switch to C/C++, but I would prefer not to).

Many thanks,

Luca

Le informazioni
contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono strettamente
riservate e indirizzate esclusivamente al destinatario. Si prega di non
leggere, fare copia, inoltrare a terzi o conservare tale messaggio se non
si è il legittimo destinatario dello stesso. Qualora tale messaggio sia
stato ricevuto per errore, si prega di restituirlo al mittente e di
cancellarlo permanentemente dal proprio computer.
The information contained
in this e mail message is strictly confidential and intended for the use of
the addressee only.  If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read, copy, forward or store it on your computer. If you have received the
message in error, please forward it back to the sender and delete it
permanently from your computer system.

--

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]