[R] Plot histogram and lognormal fit on the same time

Thu Jan 21 17:13:44 CET 2021

In future, you should try to search before posting. I realize that getting
good search terms can sometimes be tricky, but not in this case: 'plot
density with histogram in R' or similar on rseek.org or just on your usual
search platform brought up several ways to do it.

As a (slightly offtopic) side issue, be careful with this: both histograms
and smooth density estimates are just that: density **estimates** that
depend on both the data and various parameters, e.g. the location of the
bins for histograms and kernel for kernel density estimates. You may
therefore get plots where the two do not appear to "match" when you use the
defaults for each.

Bert Gunter

sticking things into it."