[R] create

Wed Jan 27 19:27:22 CET 2021

Thanks for the reprex. I think this is one way to do what you want:
dt$flag2 <- 0 + with(dt,Item == "DESK" & check %in% code2)

> dt$flag2 <- 0 + with(dt,Item == "DESK" & check %in% code2)
> dt
  name  Item  check flag2
1    A  DESK   NORF     0
2    B RANGE  GARRA     0
3    C CLOCK   PALM     0
4    D  DESK     RR     1
5    E ALARM DESPRF     0
6    H  DESK     RF     1
7    K  DESK   CORR     0
8    K  WARF   CORR     0
9    G  NONE     RF     0

This uses:
1) logical coerced to numeric by 0 + ... construction , which is probably
unnecessary: leave it as logical
3) ?with

The first two are fairly basic and should be covered in most decent basic R
tutorials. Spending some time with one or more will probably save you a lot
of time and aggravation later. The with() function is somewhat more
advanced, but can save lazy people (= me) a lot of typing hassle.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter

sticking things into it."