[R] [EXT] Re: Assigning categorical values to dates

N. F. Parsons n@th@n@|@p@r@on@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jul 22 06:22:47 CEST 2021

@Tom Okay, yeah. That might actually be an elegant solution. I will mess around with it. Thank you - I’m not in the habit of using factors and am not super familiar with how they automatically sort themselves.

@Andrew Yes. Each month is a different 30,000 row file upon which this task must be performed.

@Bert If you’re not interested in being helpful, why comment? Am I interupting your clubhouse time? I’m legitimately stumped by this one and reaching out in earnest. “You’ve been told how to do it” Seriously? We all have different backgrounds and knowledge levels with the entire atlas of the wonderful world of R and I neither need or want your opinion on my corner of it. Don’t be a Hooke. I’m not here to impress or inspire confidence in you - I’m here with a question that has had me spinning my wheels for the better part of a day and need fresh perspectives. Your response certainly inspires no confidence in me as to the nature of your character or your knowledge on the topic.

Best regards all,
—
Nathan Parsons, B.SC, M.Sc, G.C.

Ph.D. Candidate, Dept. of Sociology, Portland State University
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Sociology, Washington State University
Graduate Advocate, American Association of University Professors (OR)

Recent work (https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Nathan_Parsons3/publications)
Schedule an appointment (https://calendly.com/nate-parsons)