[R] Magick Package

Mon Jun 7 13:10:18 CEST 2021

On 07/06/2021 5:09 a.m., Nick Wray wrote:
> Hello  I'm trying to use the Magick package for animations - it has
> downloaded OK but says that it was built under version 4.0.5 and that
> fontconfig and x11 features are disabled.  Atm I am using R 1.4.1103

That's not an R version number.  It looks like an RStudio version
number, which is irrelevant here:  RStudio is just an editor and front end.

  Am I
> being naive in assuming that all later versions of R subsume the features
> of earlier ones or is it that some packages stop being useable with later
> updates?

That's up to the package maintainer.  However, the magick package (note
the lowercase name) works in current R versions.

> In any event I have some code for an animation sequence which I have
> downloaded from the site -Lesson 39 – Discrete distributions in R: Part I –
> dataanalysisclassroom <https://www.dataanalysisclassroom.com/lesson39/>
>   the code runs without an error message but it doesn't give the animation
> sequence you see on the website
> Any help suggestions appreciated   Nick Wray

> # Create png files for Binomial distribution png(file="binomial%02d.png",
> width=600, height=300)

The line above should be separated to

# Create png files for Binomial distribution

png(file="binomial%02d.png", width=600, height=300)

When I make that correction, the example works for me.

Duncan Murdoch