[R] Wayland backend for R

Phillips Rogfield thebudget72 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jun 23 17:00:37 CEST 2021

Hello Paul,

thank you for your kind advice.

RStudio doesn't start at all this way. It gives me the following error:

$ QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland rstudio
Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use
QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
Failed to load client buffer integration: wayland-egl

WebEngineContext used before QtWebEngine::initialize() or OpenGL context
creation failed.
qt.qpa.wayland: No shell integration named "xdg-shell" found
qt.qpa.wayland: No shell integration named "xdg-shell-v6" found
qt.qpa.wayland: No shell integration named "wl-shell" found
qt.qpa.wayland: No shell integration named "ivi-shell" found
qt.qpa.wayland: Loading shell integration failed.
qt.qpa.wayland: Attempted to load the following shells ("xdg-shell",
"xdg-shell-v6", "wl-shell", "ivi-shell")
qt.qpa.wayland: Wayland does not support QWindow::requestActivate()

Best regards.