[R] Image processing in R for BMI calculation

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Mar 1 22:23:24 CET 2021

I must agree with the criticism of BMI as a diagnostic index. It is
easy to tell if a person is - ahem - wide and not very high with a
single glance. These elementary parameters can easily be deduced from
an image of said person. However, it does not convey that essential
ratio of muscle to - ahem - adipose tissue that is the stated reason
for its prominence. I suggest an older, but more valid, index that was
used in the identification of witches. Simply tie the person's hands
behind their back and throw him or her into the deep end of the pool.
Time to drowning is the response variable and I am certain that those
now chastised for their adipose tissue will vastly prefer it.

Jim