[R] problem downloading R

Thu Mar 4 18:21:46 CET 2021

On 04/03/2021 11:02 a.m., Dick Mathews wrote:
> I am trying to download the Windows version of R. This computer is Win7,
> I do have Win10 computers also.
>
> Tried R4.0.4, got message these files are corrupted.
>
> Then tried R4.0.3, got same message as above.
>
> Tried the next, R4.0.2, got same message.
>
> I checked to see if I was downloading the proper version, seems okay.
>
> What is the problem? Can anybody help me with this?

Which mirror are you using?  I'd recommend using cloud.r-project.org .
If you get the same problem on that mirror, then you've likely got
something interfering with your download.  You could try using a
different machine to download, and install from a USB stick or some
other non-network method.

Duncan Murdoch