[R] quantile from quantile table calculation without original data

PIKAL Petr petr@p|k@| @end|ng |rom prechez@@cz
Mon Mar 8 14:52:03 CET 2021

Hallo David, Abby and Bert

Thank you for your solutions. In the meantime I found package rriskDistributions, which was able to calculate values for lognormal distribution from quantiles.

Abby
> 1-psolution
[1] 9.980823e-06

David
> plnorm(0.1, -.7020649, .4678656)
[1] 0.0003120744

rriskDistributions
> plnorm(0.1, -.6937355, .3881209)
[1] 1.697379e-05

Bert suggested to ask for original data before quantile calculation what is probably the best but also the most problematic solution. Actually, maybe original data are unavailable as it is the result from particle size measurement, where the software always twist the original data and spits only descriptive results.

All your results are quite consistent with the available values as they are close to 1, so for me, each approach works.

Thank you again.

Best regards.
Petr