[R] How to plot dates

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Mar 16 22:54:58 CET 2021

Hi Greg,
This example may give you a start:

myDat<-read.table(text=
  "2021-03-11 10:00:00
  2021-03-11 14:17:00
  2021-03-12 05:16:46
  2021-03-12 09:17:02
  2021-03-12 13:31:43
  2021-03-12 22:00:32
  2021-03-13 09:21:43",
  sep=",",
  stringsAsFactors=FALSE)
myDat$datetime<-strptime(myDat$X,format="%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")
plot(myDat$datetime,rnorm(7),type="b")

Note that I have corrected what I think is a mistake in reading in
your data. The first date has been converted into the field name by
prepending an "X" and then replacing the hyphen and semicolon
characters with periods to coerce it to a name.  I changed that back
to what I think it was and this produces s basic plot with the dates
on the abscissa and some random numbers on the ordinate.

Jim