[R] Ellipses in factor analysis

Mahmood Naderan-Tahan m@hmood@n@der@n @end|ng |rom ugent@be
Mon Mar 22 15:33:06 CET 2021

Hi

In the example shown in [1], there is command that adds ellipses in the individual map.

fviz_mfa_ind(res.famd,
             habillage = "Label", # color by groups
             palette = c("#00AFBB", "#E7B800", "#FC4E07"),
             addEllipses = TRUE, ellipse.type = "confidence",
             repel = TRUE # Avoid text overlapping
             )

Where can I find more information about what is that ellipse exactly and how that is defined? For example, in the at figure, I don't know why 1VAU which is in red, is not in the red ellipse. Any note about that?

[1] http://www.sthda.com/english/articles/31-principal-component-methods-in-r-practical-guide/115-famd-factor-analysis-of-mixed-data-in-r-essentials/

Regards,
Mahmood

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]