[R] Weird (wrong?) result for fft

Mon Mar 22 17:32:47 CET 2021

Neither. The discrete Fourier transform is a complex number operation. R-help is per the Posting Guide not an appropriate place to discuss theory in depth, and there is plenty of theory in this question and practically no R, but you can examine your result more closely with the functions described in ?complex.