[R] How to average minutes per hour per month in the form of '# hours #minutes'

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Sat Mar 27 13:42:28 CET 2021

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021, Greg Minshall wrote:

>> My malpractice insurance gives me a discount if I consult up to 22
>> hours per week in a 3 months period.
>
> i wonder if you might add up the number of hours worked over the (92 (?))
> days of November, December, January, divide by that number of days, then
> divide by seven? that would be, obviously, a bit of an approximation. but,
> it's not clear exactly how exact the insurance company wants.

EL/Greg:

I've not closely followed this thread, but the harmonic mean is used for
rates, such as hours per week. Would calculating this value for each week
keep the insurers happy?

Rich