[R] Package "hse" has been REPLACED by package "dbd".

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Sat May 1 00:38:40 CEST 2021

A reviewer of a paper that I wrote, of which the "hse" package was
a central consideration, thought that users might find the name "hse"
("hope springs eternal") to be indicative of a lack of seriousness.

Consequently I have changed the name of the package to "dbd"
("discretised beta distribution").  The underlying distribution, on
which the package is focussed, is now called "db" ("discretised beta").

The "hse" package still exists, *only* in order to produce a message
(when the package is loaded) to the effect that the package is
deprecated and that users should install and utilse the dbd package
instead.

The dbd package includes a number of modifications which (it is to be
hoped) make it an improvement over the hse package that it replaces.

I would be grateful to anyone who points out any problems with or
errors in the dbd package.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--