[R] Question

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun May 2 08:10:48 CEST 2021

Hi Myungjin,
The funnel plot is no more than the precision of the estimates of
related studies plotted against the estimates. That is, if your
measure of precision is the sample size (SS) and the estimate is named
E,

plot(E,SS)

Look at the metafor package for good funnel plot functions. Egger's
test can be misleading, see:

https://training.cochrane.org/resource/identifying-publication-bias-meta-analyses-continuous-outcomes

for a good introduction.

Jim

produces a very basic funnel plot. Enclosing lines or curves are
usually added, forming the inverted "funnel".