[R] Create a function problem

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Sat May 15 02:38:13 CEST 2021

On Fri, 14 May 2021 17:42:12 +0000 (UTC)
Kai Yang via R-help <r-help using r-project.org> wrote:

> Hello List, I was trying to write a function. But I got a error
> message. Can someone help me how to fix it? Many thanks,Kai
> > k_subset <- function(p, a, b, c){
> +   p  <- select(raw
> +                ,Pedigree.name
> +                ,UPN
> +                ,a
> +                ,b
> +                ,c
> +   )
> + }
> > k_subset(p1, Test.Result.tr_Test.Result1, Result.tr_gene1,
> > Test.Result.tr_Variant..nucleotide.1 )
>  Error: object 'Test.Result.tr_Test.Result1' not found

I would have thought the error message to be completely
self-explanatory.  The object in question cannot be found.  I.e. it
does not exist, in your workspace or in any of the data bases on your
search path.

It would appear that you have not created "Test.Result.tr_Test.Result1".
Why did you expect it to be present?

Moreover, the code of your function makes no sense at all, at least not
to *my* feeble brain.  The quantities "raw", "Pedigree.name" and "UPN"
are not arguments of your function.  How do you expect k_subset() to
know what they are?

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--