[R] multilabel classification XGBoost and hyperparameter tuning

Carlos Ortega co|or|e @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu May 27 22:33:04 CEST 2021

Hello Agnes,

Yes, it is true, "xgboost" is not oriented for a "multi-label"
classification. "xgboost" can handle "multi-class" but not "multi-label".

Bue in "mlr", you can handle "multi-class" problems although not with
"xgboost" a base learner algorithm. You can see here how you can handle
that with "mlr":

   - https://mlr.mlr-org.com/articles/tutorial/multilabel.html

Besides that, you can see if these other alternatives could work for your
problem:

   - "utiml" was one of them but now it's not avaialble on CRAN (
   https://github.com/rivolli/utiml).
   - And this other one "mldr" could help you out:
   https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/mldr/vignettes/mldr.pdf.

Thanks,
Carlos.