[R] Error with RMySQL

Ashim Kapoor @@h|mk@poor @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Nov 2 07:21:27 CET 2021

Dear Jim and others,

(One of my colleagues pointed me in this direction)

I think the following is the problem that I am experiencing:-

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-security-excerpt/5.7/en/problems-connecting.html

The above says :

Some permanent solutions are:

Determine what is wrong with your DNS server and fix it.

Specify IP addresses rather than host names in the MySQL grant tables.

I could NOT determine what is wrong with my DNS server. If someone
here knows how to do that please do share with me. However, I
specified the IP address in place of the host name and that seems to
be working fine.

Best,
Ashim