[R] Error: vector memory exhausted (limit reached?)

Olivia Keefer okee|er @end|ng |rom mon|g|e@com
Wed Nov 24 14:36:28 CET 2021

Apologies. First time posting and new to R so a lot of learning. Hope my attachments are helpful now.

#This loads the required package. Always select UK Bristol as a CRAN MIRROR / LOCATION
#1. Highlight the below code and run (3rd icon or right click)

require(relaimpo)
install.packages('relaimpo',dep=TRUE)
install.packages('iterators')
install.packages('foreach')

#2. Change directory to where all files are and change back slash to forward slash

setwd('/Users/okeefer/Documents/Regressions')

#Once final SPSS file is created save it as a CSV in same location.
#4. Below code opens the original file with data at respondent level. Update the name of data file only.

OrigData = read.csv("BB HTTF stacked B1, B3, B5, B6, C9 + FILTERED.csv")

#5. <Run below code to bottom do not need to change anything
#Shows all the variables names of the dataset

names(OrigData)

#Shows all the dimensions and class of the dataset

dim(OrigData)
class(OrigData)

#Creates a data frame

categorydata<- as.data.frame(OrigData)

#Shows all the variables & class from the newly created variable

names(categorydata)
class(categorydata)

#Makes the object accessible

attach(categorydata)

#>

######BRAND PERFORMANCE ADVOCACY (B5)####

#Runs a standard linear regression. Update predictor and outcome variables. The variable names only.
#First variable is Dependent variable. Ensure a + sign is between all independent variables. Ensure there is a space before and after +

linmod4 <- lm( B5 ~ B6_1 + B6_2 + B6_3 + B6_4 + B6_5 + B6_6 + B6_7 + B6_8 + B6_9 + B6_10 + B6_11 + B6_12 + B6_13 + B6_14 + B6_15 + B6_16 + B6_17 + B6_18 + B6_19 + B6_20 + B6_21 + B6_22 + B6_23 + B6_24 + B6_25 + B6_26 + B6_27 , data= categorydata)

#Runs Shapley Value Regression with all the coefficients set to sum a hundred

f4 <-calc.relimp(linmod4,type = c("lmg","first","last"), rela = TRUE)

Coefficient4 = f4$lmg
Rsq4 = f4$R2
Proportion4 = Coefficient4 * Rsq4

### Display CoEfficients

Coefficient4

### Display R-Sq

Rsq4

### Proportion of Model Explained by variable. Change file name to reflect project
Proportion4

Results4 = cbind(Coefficient4,Proportion4,Rsq4)
write.csv(Results4, file = "bb_HTTF_performance_advocacy.csv")

Olivia Keefer
Insights Analyst
she/her/hers

Monigle