[R] Question about Rfast colMins and colMaxs

Stephen H. Dawson, DSL @erv|ce @end|ng |rom @hd@w@on@com
Tue Nov 30 19:55:13 CET 2021

Hi,

I am working to understand the Rfast functions of colMins and colMaxs. I
worked through the example listed on page 54 of the PDF.

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Rfast/index.html

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Rfast/Rfast.pdf

My data is in a CSV file. So, I bring it into R Studio using:
Data <- read.csv("./input/DataSet05.csv", header=T)

However, I read the instructions listed on page 54 of the PDF saying I
need to bring data into R using a matrix. I think read.csv brings the
data in as a dataframe. I think colMins is failing because it is looking
for a matrix but finds a dataframe.

 > colMaxs(Data)
Error in colMaxs(Data) :
   Not compatible with requested type: [type=list; target=double].
 > colMins(Data, na.rm = TRUE)
Error in colMins(Data, na.rm = TRUE) :
   unused argument (na.rm = TRUE)
 > colMins(Data, value = FALSE, parallel = FALSE)
Error in colMins(Data, value = FALSE, parallel = FALSE) :
   Not compatible with requested type: [type=list; target=double].

QUESTION
What is the best practice to bring a csv file into R Studio so it can be
accessed by colMaxs and colMins, please?

Thanks,
--
*Stephen Dawson, DSL*
/Executive Strategy Consultant/