[R] RSQLite slowness

Wed Oct 6 21:11:00 CEST 2021

Since the sqlite package is contributed, it is NOT related to "core R", and is in fact technically off-topic on this list.

FWIW all SQL implementations work better with indexes, but AFAIK the R data frame support does nothing with indexes. This may be related to your question, or not. I am not a regular sqlite user.

As for fast reading of tsv files, I think arrow, readr, and data.table packages all offer high-performance import functions that could be relevant.